The CEO Council for Growth (CEO Council) leads our region forward by envisioning a stronger, more competitive community, convening decision makers, taking action, and advocating for policies and practices that strengthen our regional economy. The CEO Council is a team of more than 60 devoted business, higher education, and civic leaders from across our 11-county Greater Philadelphia community. CEO Council members are engaged advocates who are committed to innovation in business, improving regional mobility, and fostering talent as key opportunities that define our competitive advantage and drive economic growth.
The CEO Council leverages direct engagement of its leaders to unify our region and advance growth to:
- Advocate for short- and mid-term policy priorities and investments at the federal level and galvanize the tri-state congressional delegation and key federal officials to ensure a strong and equitable economic regional recovery.
- Create a set of regional indicators to measure and hold accountable our region’s progress against the Chamber’s Recharge & Recovery aspirations to become:
- The new national model to learn, apprentice, and work in the jobs of the future
- A place known for investing in and growing small Black, brown, and locally owned businesses
- A digital community with increased digital literacy, technology, and internet use
- The healthiest and most livable community in the Northeast
- A top global cell and gene therapy hub
- Improve the region’s competitive position by developing and executing the following narrowly-focused short-term initiatives:
- Enhance the region’s pipeline of mid-level technology talent
- Build the region’s innovation economy by making Greater Philadelphia a geographical center of choice for talent, capital, and companies in cell and gene therapy and connected health
- Advance the region’s economic recovery with a focus on equitable and inclusive growth