Numerous Partners in the Cell and Gene Therapy and Connected Health Initiative are in San Francisco this week for the J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference, which runs through January 16th. More than 9,000 attendees from across the globe, including industry leaders, emerging fast-growth companies, technology creators, and investors, are expected. Advertising touting the Greater Philadelphia region’s leadership role in the industry is greeting attendees traveling through San Francisco International Airport. (If you’re traveling through SFO and see one the billboards, send us a snap or share on LinkedIn and Twitter to spread the word: #LeadForward, #DiscoveryStartsHerePHL, #TalentResearchResultsPHL.)
A newly produced brochure, Growing in Greater Philadelphia: A Global Hub for Cell & Gene Therapy, is debuting at the conference as well.
For those attending, key messages to share with investors are:
- Groundbreaking research is occurring in Greater Philadelphia, local companies are bringing these discoveries to market, and the investment community is taking notice, as evidenced by rapid growth in VC funding and a spate of notable acquisitions
- The Greater Philadelphia region is home to more than 30 cell and gene therapy development companies and Philadelphia was named an emerging New World City for innovation in healthcare and life sciences by JLL in 2019.
- Greater Philadelphia is taking the lead in connected health technologies that power breakthroughs in cell and gene therapy and improve patients’ lives.
These key initiative message points and other resources and assets, including presentation templates, photos and videos, for use in future conference presentations can be found in the Cell & Gene Therapy and Connected Health Toolkit. Take a look and see what might be useful for you.
Several other meetings in 2020 offer the opportunity to promote the region’s role in the industry. Partners will attend, and advertising efforts are planned.
- Immuno-Oncology 360°, February 26-28 in New York
- HIMSS20 Global Health Conference & Exhibition, March 9-13 in Orlando, Florida
- South by Southwest (SXSW) Conference’s Health & Medtech track, March 13-17 in Austin, Texas
- CPhI North America, May 5-7 in Philadelphia
- American Society of Cell & Gene Therapy Annual Meeting, May 12-15 in Boston
- BIO International Convention, June 8-11 in San Diego
- HLTH Conference in 2020, October 11-14 in Las Vegas