Members of the Greater Philadelphia regional Congressional Delegation joined the CEO Council for Growth (CEO Council) at Independence Blue Cross on Monday, March 11 to discuss and identify opportunities for advancing key regional and legislative priorities. In addition to the CEO Council, the meeting convened members of the Chamber’s Executive Committee; Policy, Research, and Legislative Committee; and the Regional College and University Presidents Alliance.
Congressional Members in attendance were:
- Senator Robert Casey (D–PA);
- Congressman Dwight Evans (D–PA);
- Congresswoman Chrissy Houlahan (D–PA);
- Congressman Donald Norcross (D–NJ);
- Congresswoman Mary Gay Scanlon (D–PA); and
- Congressman Lloyd Smucker (R–PA).
Each year, this meeting provides a forum for business, civic, and higher education leaders in Greater Philadelphia to work together with Members of Congress on matters most important to the economic vitality of the region. Our business leadership actively participates in this meeting to discuss policies and investments that will support the growth and development of the region’s transportation system, energy and healthcare sectors, education and workforce, and innovation and research ecosystem.
This year’s meeting dialogue with congressional members dedicated extended time aiming to collectively advance strategies that will improve our region’s ability to 1) attract, retain, and support talent and 2) move goods, services, and people safely and reliably between our area and the rest of the world:
- The CEO Council is currently focused on advancing an initiative that will position the region as an attractive, competitive destination for talent that can drive our innovation and technology economy forward. Congress can support our leadership in these efforts by advocating for student loan repayment tax credit, expanding and increasing the Pell Grant award, funding and supporting the STEM Apprenticeship Program, and supporting our higher education system.
- How easily and quickly people, goods and services can connect to markets around the nation and the world will define our place in it. The CEO Council and Congressional Delegation continue to work in collaboration to enact investments and policies that leverage our global gateways at points along the Amtrak’s northeast corridor, our ports system, and the airport that boost our competitive advantage.
The CEO Council will continue engaging with our congressional delegation to advance key policies that promote and improve the competitiveness of the Greater Philadelphia region.
Leave A Comment